Saturday, August 27, 2016

9 Months Old

35 weeks

36 weeks

37 weeks

38 weeks
9 Months Old!





Weight: 17 lbs. 14 oz. (40th percentile)

Height: I lost the paper from her 9 month well baby so I don't remember how tall she is, but I do remember it was 40th percentile too!

Eating: One day Lydia wasn't too interested in food, and the very next day she was leaning forward with her mouth open and couldn't get enough. This month she has tried apples, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, barley, grapes, cantaloupe, and white potatoes. She also weaned herself off of a feeding. Ty and I went on date one day over her dinner time. She has never taken a bottle, but I pumped one for the fun of it and sent along some food for her. We weren't going to be far away so I wasn't too worried. Not only did she eat all of the food that I packed her, but she even sort of took the bottle! It was a huge day for her! The very next day, dinner ran late and I hadn't nursed her yet and by the time I went to nurse her she was content eating her other solid foods. So after that day, I decided to nurse her if she wanted to nurse at dinner, but also give her solids. She asked to nurse the third day and hasn't asked since. So now she is nursing 4 times a day and eating a solid foods dinner. She is also past pureed food and just eating finger foods! And the whole bottle situation, well she completely takes it like a pro now. We also stopped nighttime nursing too. It was really a huge month in the eating development for this girl!

Sleeping: Oh sleeping... It's a hit or miss with this girl. We aim for 2 naps a day, around 9 and 1:30. If she takes the morning one, it is about an hour long. The afternoon one is normally around 2 hours long. She loves napping in a rock and play or the futon.

As far as night sleeping, she either sleeps all night long (7:30pm-7:30am) or is up practically all night. Luckily, we are seeing more sleeping all night long stretches. We stopped nursing in the middle of the night. Girlfriend wasn't too happy about it, but we are doing better now. She was much happier and went to bed faster if daddy got her in the middle of the night instead of mommy. I think she smelled my milk when I would get her and get too worked up because she would want it. She is doing better with that now...most of the time.

New Skills: Eating finger foods!, drinking from a bottle, getting around more with booty scooting, but still not crawling, attempting to pull up on things, not really a skill, but her stranger danger and "I only want mommy" game is going strong this month. Also, not a skill, but she moved into her big girl carseat this month and loves it.

She Loves: eating, mommy, brothers (she has taken more notice to Theo this month and always trys to pull his fur), being outside

She Doesn't Like: My easy going girl doesn't complain about anything really... oh I know, she doesn't like pooping. She went 2 weeks without pooping and didn't complain about it at all.

Exciting Things We Did:


We went camping at World's End State Park! Lydia had a terrible cold the whole time and I had a terrible case of mastitis. However, daddy still managed to make it a fun trip! We hung out in World's End the first day and then spent the second day in Rickett's Glen. We hiked 7.2 miles up and back with both kiddos on our backs (Ty even had the diaper bag! #superdad and I had a fever). Poor Lydia was so sick the second night and was up crying pretty much all night long. All that sounds terrible, but it still managed to be a fun trip! Daddy and brother definitely had a blast! 
Unfortunately, I did not take any photos.  


Lots of swimming in our little pool in this hot weather!


Swimming with cousins!
 Lydia moved into her big girl seat this month and she loves it! Brother loves it too! They both lean forward in their seats and talk back and worth. C is always making Lyds giggle!


We went on a bike ride and Lydia slept pretty much the whole ride.



Mommy had to leave at 5AM for the Lititz Craft show. Daddy gave sis a bottle and she drank it all like a pro!


We finally got to spend some time with cousin Rohen!



More Pictures:
Always, reaching for the nearest thing.









Holding Hands <3



A Note to Lydia: Lydia, we fought a lot this month. I'm sorry I lost my patience with you more than I should have. You are always so forgiving and always woke up with a smile on your face. Let's make a deal, you work on sleeping better and I will work on cherishing this season and your sweet soul more and my own sleep less. I love you buttercup!

No comments:

Post a Comment