Friday, July 14, 2017

Jed is One Month Old! (HOW?!)









One Month Old!

Weight: We decided to skip Jed's one month appointment, so I don't know his normal stats. However, at his two week check up he weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz.! I am sure he is at least 9 or 10 lbs. now. He has really been filling out!

Nicknames: This guy has so many names and everyone calls him something different! Daddy calls him JT. Mommy calls him Jed. Sissy calls him J. And brother calls him Jedi pie. Another favorite is Jedi. 

Eating: Nursing has gotten easier with each babe! This guy is such a good nurser and definitely has the best latch. He loves to eat and gets the job done quickly, and the best part (and I hope this doesn't change!) he does not throw up like my first two. He does throw up, but nearly as frequently as Charles and Lydia.

He has had a diaper rash since he was born that I attributed to the fact that he is literally always poopy, but I am starting to wondering if it is from something else, such as thrush or a milk sensitivity or even a lack of probiotics (all things that have been suggested to me). We have a 6 week check coming up so we are waiting until then since he doesn't seem to be in pain at all.

Sleeping: This kiddo sleeps just like Charlie and Lydia. At first he wanted to nurse every hour and a half, but slowly he has stretched that out. He now wakes up every three hours, nearly on the dot. However, as he gets older, and when he is sleeping with me, he will go 4 hours overnight. Naps are difficult unless he is being held, but those are even getting better. He loves to nap in his one seat that vibrates. He was refusing to fall asleep in the car, but has recently done it a couple times. Normally I hold him to sleep (often with his paci, but not always) and then lay him down either in his vibrating chair, swing, or pack and play. He doesn't stay asleep in his crib or cradle yet, except overnight. Overall, I can't complain. He is an easy going and sweet babe.

New Skills: He is becoming much more aware and awake. He is the sweetest little babe and I can't imagine life without him or before him.

He Loves: He loves being loved, whether that be snuggles from mommy or daddy or big brother - Sissy is still learning what that means. He also often loves his paci and took to it very easily, however sometimes he wants nothing to do with it.

He Doesn't Like: When Lydia accidentally hurts him, being hungry, being overly tired, not being cuddled to sleep.

Adjusting: Jed has easily been the easier adjustment for me so far. He is easy and chill and maybe I am just a lot more relaxed this time around. Life has been so sweet and refreshing.

Charles has jumped into the role of having another baby in the house so easily! He LOVES Jed and takes SUCH good care of him and makes sure he has what he needs. My favorite thing to watch is when Jed is crying and Charlie goes and snuggles up to him and whispers in his ear "It's okay Jedi Pie, mommy's coming, your alright." He gently rubs his face and gets him his paci and demands I give him more milk. He is such a great and sweet big brother. I wonder how the Lord will use Charlie's caring and protective nature in the future - I am sure in BIG and GREAT ways.

Lydia has had a bit of a harder time. Even before Jed was born, she often demanded our full attention - that has only escalated. Don't get me wrong, she is so sweet with Jed and wants to take care of him like she does her baby dolls, she just hasn't realized that she can't squeeze him like her dolls and often hurts him by accident. Charlie did the same to her. She also has started crying and saying, "Me baby mommy! Me baby!" meaning - "I am your baby mommy hold me!" She is my baby, I just can't always hold her as quickly as she would like. She is adjusting well though and loves "J!"

Exciting Things We Did:
We became a family of 5!


We celebrated our awesome daddy!


We celebrated lots of firsts!

First time Charlie held Jed.

First time meeting family!


First churchy day.



First car ride as a family of five.

First bath!


First trip to Home Depot.

First time meeting Great Grandpa Hollinger.


More Photos:


These pictures are two days apart. They grow so fast!


Photo by big brother.






Notice C's hand.

















Photo by big brother.



<3



To My Jed: Goodness Jed. You are sleeping right in front of my right now and it is taking all my will power not to jump up and kiss your little cheeks off! You are stirring in your sleep or I probably would! You came into this world with such a grand entrance and I have a feeling you are nowhere near done surprising me and your daddy. The Lord has such great things planned for you. I know it to be true. You have already brought me closer to Jesus, and I am sure others too. May your whole life be a witness for Him. You are so loved by Charles and Lydia and Daddy and I, but even so much more, you are so dearly loved and treasured by Jesus! You are so special my sweet boy. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment