Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Two Months Old

Two Months Old!





I hate that blogger switches the rotation sometimes and I am not sure how to fix it. Anyone know?



(Stats done at 2 month well baby)

Weight: 14 lbs. 8.5 oz (87th percentile)

Height: 1' 11.5" (62nd percentile)

Head: 39 cm (37th percentile)

Eating: Jed is a pro nurser! He nurses for 5 minutes total (at the most!), but somehow keeps putting those rolls on! Last month I had wondered if he had thrush or a sensitivity to something because I couldn't get his hinny rash to clear up. Finally, around 7 weeks his bum cleared up, so all is well. Right now he is nursing around 7:30AM, 11AM, 1:30PM, 5PM, 7:30PM, and 3:00AM give or take a little.

Sleeping: This kiddo is pretty consistent. He really likes going to bed at around 7:30PM and then normally sleeps until 3AM to eat again. If he wakes up earlier, I sometimes put him in bed with me and he passes out again for another hour or two. He then always starts to stir at around 6AM, so I pull him into bed with me where he falls back asleep. I get up at around 6:30AM and he normally gets up for his day around 7-7:30AM. 

Naps are also getting better. If we are out and about they are great! He normally always gets tired around 8-8:30AM, so much so that he often falls asleep by himself. If he is in his carseat he almost always sleeps until 11AM, but if we are at home he normally wakes up a littler sooner. His second nap of the day is short and normally around 12PM. He often takes another good nap around 3PM-5PM and then likes to take his last snooze in someones arms for a half an hour around 6:30-7PM.

New Skills: Cooing, smiling, grasping, he is getting stronger and stronger! and more and more handsome! I'm not sure it's a skill, but he is getting good at making those baby rolls! :-) He also has started following objects with his eyes.

He Loves: Sleeping in his carseat (big change since last month!), pooping (still!), being snuggled up with blankets around his head (I roll a blanket and surround his head and he sleeps SO much better. I check on him often and only do it for naps.).

He also loves when his brother snuggles him every morning (Since Jed is always in our bed in the morning, Charlie waits until he hears him waking up and then gets in bed with him and snuggles and coos him awake with lots of hugs and kisses and gentle touches. He is the sweetest. Lydia normally follows behind and tries to snuggle too, but often lays on Jed's arm, to which C pushes her off and they get in a fight - pretty much the same every single morning :-) )

He Doesn't Like: Jedidiah is a pretty chill guy. The only time I hear him complain is when he gets hit or kicked or some other type of abuse from his older siblings. Poor guy.

Exciting Things We Did:

We went camping at Shenandoah National Park. Ty and I have a dream of visiting every national park. We had to add one this summer! Jed did great! The park wasn't as kid friendly as other parks (you had to do lots of hiking to get to the cool attractions), but we made the most of it and the kids were troopers! People think it is crazy to travel with littles, but to Tyler and I it is a priority and we always remember the good times and memories over the bad ones!







We went to Dutch Wonderland. Again, Jed was awesome and didn't miss a beat! The big kids had a blast too, however come 4PM and Lydia was definitely missing her skipped nap!

Only picture we took!
Mommy and daddy left Jed for the first time with Aunt Genna and Uncle Joshy... for 30 minutes... as we walked down the road. It was tough, but they took good care of him!


We went to the cabin for a long weekend!






The good sign of a good trip.

Jed started to smile!


More Photos:

Trying to make cousin Corbett feel better!

I really love his little naked body and rolls <3


Getting chores done anyway we have to. 





Blogger rotation - boo!



Brother Charlie loves taking Jed's photo!



Nap time with daddy
Brother/Sister Photos:
Every time I go to take Jed's photos the big kids climb up. I have a feeling these will make a monthly appearance, and I don't mind one bit!




A Letter to Jedi From Daddy:
Jedidiah Tyler (JT), I'm so very thankful for you and all your flesh rolls😜 If your birth was any indication of the exciting life story ahead of you, know that I'll be right there with you every step of the way. I'm refraining from saying "I can't wait to...", so instead I'm going to say, let's start the adventure right NOW! Love you Jed! -Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment