Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wait. What? Part II

Since the last time I wrote, we have driven from outside of Colorado to the Hebron, Nebraska. My Aunt Deb and Uncle Jim work in Hebron, but live right over the Kansas border. Let me tell you, her husband and herself provided us with the first home-cooked meal that we had eaten on our trip, and it was sooo good. I fell in love with the land. It is not only gorgeous, but has such a rich history that often does not get told. My aunt and her husband, Jim, live on a farm that originally belonged to Jim's great great grandfather! It was so fascinating to hear about the history of the farm and surrounding land. We are more than thankful for their hospitality to us, and can not wait to visit again! 


I'm not too much of a cow whisperer. 

We woke up Friday and headed out from Kansas towards good Ol' Lititz, PA. Friday was pretty uneventful. We slept for the last time in the back of the truck in Zanesville, OH. If you remember my first post, I was kind of nervous about sleeping on a twin mattress, but it has been quite comfy. We arrived in Lititz this afternoon (Saturday) and were welcomed by our Theo whom we missed so much, as well as my dad and sister! When we got to our home we had even more surprises awaiting us! Ty's father and grandfather not only painted the back part of our house, but also our staircase! Not only were we so surprised and thankful, but they both look so great! We were also welcomed by this...

(There is a sneak peak of the finished back of our house)
We have gotten so use to our little traveling house. It is weird to think that our days of exploring, hiking, Walmart hotels, and fast-food are finished (for now). Although, I will say I am so thankful to be back in my home and surrounded by family and our puppy (did I mention that I missed him?)! Tomorrow is sure to be filled with lots of laundry and catching up, and then Monday we get back to the grind of things, but not in the same way...

23 days ago we set out of a journey - really not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. In the first post I prayed that we wouldn't take anything for granted. If we are honest, I definitely did take some moments for granted. I have this problem with stopping, breathing, being still, and knowing that today is my only today; It is so easy to get  caught up in the routine. One of the reasons that we went on this trip is because it was on our bucket list. Another reason why we did the trip this summer is because you never know what life is going to throw at you. We all have our list of "someday I want to..."s and "one day I'll be..."s, but why don't we pursue that now? Before our trip, Ty and I were at a crossroads about life. We weren't sure what was ahead for us. Maybe that is why this trip was so good for us. It made us escape. It made us look at what we want the most out of life, and it let us just be without the worries that can be so hard to escape from. Thanks from the help of some great mentors and this trip, we realized that we all have goals, but our worrying holds them back. Our worrying holds us back from the great plans that the Lord has in store for us. You have to realize what you want from life and then pursue it with everything you have, even if it may not make sense to others. Don't let worries hold you back - the Lord always provides. There is something so freeing in knowing that we don't have any control over our lives. 

So our new goal... not to let ourselves slip into the routine of life, to always lean on the Lord to provide even if we don't understand, and to find beauty in the ordinary. 

Home is where the pooch is.
Our trip is over, but there will still be a few more posts such as... our review of the parks and the final movie of the whole trip.

Until then... love ty and kaddie

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Awesome Awesome.. Have had so much fun following your posts.. And to be honest, lived out (a little) my own dreams to do that trip through you guys.. Robin and I had a trip like that planned before we had Eden, but the work just didn't pan out for us to afford it. Someday... :)

    So I have a few questions that I'm sure everyone would benefit from me asking here or rather you answering here instead of me asking in person.
    1. Were there any moments you were fearful? What were they?
    2. When and how did God provide for you in ways that made you say "wow".
    3. Any parks that were just ok, and that you'd not really want to go back to.
    and finally,
    4. Which parks would you put on the not-to-miss list?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, great questions! I will answer all of them in the next blog post! Thanks for following along :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete